“Yoga for kids is essential for them to start knowing their body, to breath better and to learn how to focus and manage their energy properly,” says the yoga teacher for children Rosa Xufre Banastrinha.
Children are born with amazing psychic abilities and extraordinary body flexibility, they have an excellent auditory and visual sense, tons of energy and the precious gift of their boundless imagination. The possibilities become endless but may pose problems when power is dispersed.
What are the benefits of yoga for kids?
So, let’s see what are the benefits of yoga for kids. And there are many!
- Promotes relaxation and concentration
- Promotes creativity
- Promotes self -esteem
- Promotes correct posture ( spine and limbs) relaxes
- Promotes physical – motor coordination
- Correct poor breathing patterns
- Balances the nervous system
- Strengthens the immune system
- It helps eliminate toxins through respiration
- Promotes discipline
How does yoga for kids work?
There are three key points for yoga for kids:
1 – Promote the development of flexibility, balance, and strength.
2 – Focus on the breathing patterns allows a significant connection between the body and the mind, helping you to enjoy a feeling of harmony and inner confidence.
3 – The objective of yoga is to assist your kid in relaxing. Once he’s relaxed, a huge change should be noticed. If everything goes as it should, your child will end up calmed but full of energy at the same time.
Some exercises for you to do with your child having into account yoga for kids:
1. Lie down on your back with your hands on your belly. Take a breath in and breathe out slowly. Point your toes and squeeze your legs together.
2. Now prop yourself up on your elbows with your palms flat on the floor. Lift your belly and chest and let your head rest lightly on the floor.
3. Lift your chest up as if you were a fish with a colourful fin jumping up out of the water. Breathe in and out slowly. 4. Come down carefully on an exhalation. Rest on your back.
1. Lie down on your back in a comfortable position. Take a deep breath in and let it out slowly. Wiggle your feet, arms, and head and then let them rest while you breathe quietly.
2. Imagine that a warm glow is filling you up. Let the light begin at your feet and fill up your legs. Now imagine the light spreading into your belly and back. Feel the light fill up your hands, arms, shoulder, neck, and head.
3. As you lie very still, imagine that you are a star or a planet floating in space.
4. When you are ready to sit up, come up slowly. Notice how you feel.
1. Stand up straight and tall. Take a big breath in. Reach your arms out to the sides at shoulder height as you breathe out.
2. Take another breath in and tip forward as you point one foot behind you. Exhale slowly. As you inhale again, lift your chest and lean forward while you lift the pointed foot in the air behind you. Try to keep your chest and back in line with your lifted foot.
3. Try to keep your eyes on one spot. Stretch your arms to the sides and try to balance while you breathe in and out. Now try Airplane pose on the other side.
That’s why is it so important that kids practice yoga. It brings many advantages for them, so, are you ready for yoga for kids? Let’s start now!