Hello there dear sports parents, wondering When should a child start playing Rugby? It is a great sign you do because many parents just put their kids in activities without thinking about it first or asking their children anything. Before you continue reading this post, what about hiring a Santa Claus for your coming party? An awesome idea, right? I suggest you also read some of our previous posts, such as top 5 children’s winter sports and pros of horse riding for kids.
So, this is an answer many parents do, and that is why we decided to write this article and tell you some ideas we believe are crucial to answering this question. So keep a pen and a piece of paper close to taking some notes about this and preparing the future of your little one!
When should a child start playing Rugby? All info
We have organized our ideas into a simple list, to answer the question: When should a child start playing Rugby?
- Kids usually can start sports activities from a tender age, like 6 or 7 years old, but it all depends on what sports we are talking about. Because rugby is a violent sport, we can say, this might take some more reflection about it.
- Some parents say that 6 is a good age, others say 7, others say even later. So it is important to know your child and observe how his body and personality is developing, and how would rugby with influence. What impact could rugby have on my child?
- When should a child start playing Rugby is not that complex to answer, is just a matter of good sense to ask that question. One thing you can do: relieve yourself and your kid from pressure. Don’t make it all about competition and success, because that will make the fear of failure grow exponentially. Because of expectations, they will develop a fear of not fulfilling them and letting you and themselves down.
- Make it all about the experience of playing a team sport and testing their limitations, improve their health and their self-esteem on the process. This will help them internalize it has a way of having fun, enjoyment and maybe even build a future upon it. All these help you decide When should a child start playing Rugby.
- So, let them decide when to start – you can, of course, motivate them -, and, especially, when to leave it behind. Don’t make that decision for them.
- And, to properly answer the question, the proper age is about 6 years old. Start with the soft basics, like kicking and running, and see if he wants to improve and keep on that track. It must be his decision.
Hope we have helped you to answer the question: When should a child start playing Rugby?